Boiling beverages is as essential and regular a task as cooking food, especially for tea-loving Brits. For a task so common, it’s better to have appliances to make the process quicker.
Traditionally kettles were a useful appliance to keep your beverages hot for a long time. But the modern electric kettles provide much more than that.
One of the essential features of modern electric kettles is the presence of variable temperature settings. Heating coffee to temperatures above 90°C can burn the beans and make the taste poor.
Having a variable temperature kettle can counter this problem by letting you choose your temperature depending upon the beverage you’re boiling. But there’s much more to it.
Reputable brands like Bosch and Cuisinart are offering an array of exciting features that can make your boiling tasks a breeze. To help you make better purchasing decisions, we bring you the list of 5 best temperature control kettles available today.
Electric Kettles vs. Stove Kettles
Just like LED TVs are more of an obvious appliance to have at home, you’d also see more electric kettles than stove ones. It is because electric kettles can do the same job faster.
Not only does an electric kettle have a more powerful heating element than the stove, but it also regulates how much temperature you need. It doesn’t boil the drink excessively high, which in turn can spoil it and use more fuel.
Another significant difference is the convenience factor. You don’t have to reheat your tea again and again in between short delays. The electric kettles today can maintain a constant temperature as well as can shut off and save energy.
Moreover, an electric kettle is portable
You don’t need a stove to heat it. Instead, you can plug in anywhere and drink your beverage instantly. It’s suitable for modern homes as well as offices, hotels and more.
Guidelines for choosing the best temperature control kettle
The variable temperature is just one of the array of features electric kettles offer today. With an abundance of options, it’s challenging to choose which one is right for you.
Knowing what to look for in an electric kettle will also help you save money by buying a cheaper product with similar features. Here are a few guidelines to pick an ideal variable temperature kettle for your home:
The ideal power output for a fast kettle’s element these days is 3000W. Of course, kettles of this output will cost more. So, if you don’t have any business in amping up the speed of your drinks, you can choose ones with a less powerful element.
Since it’s a one-time investment, we’d recommend the higher wattage ones.
Buying a kitchen appliance is not just about performance. You must pay heed to its appearance as it would affect the overall look of your kitchen.
You can choose from a variety of textures and designs, including brush stainless steel, glass, chrome finish, and more. Another factor to consider is the shape of the kettle.
Jug shaped kettles have a more substantial capacity and ensure splash-free pouring. Electric dome kettles, on the other hand, have a lower capacity, and their lift-off lids can cause difficulty in pouring.
Usually, kettles today hold 1.5-1.8 liters of beverage and would deliver 6-8 cups of water quickly. If you have a larger family, look for the highest water capacity, so you don’t have to cook tea again and again.
You should also check for the minimum capacity of a kettle if you want to boil just a cup or two. A pot with a 300mL minimum capacity would be ideal for you.
Noise is an essential factor to consider as it can undoubtedly disturb you in a quiet room. Kettles with higher wattage typically are noisier but that isn’t always true. Look for Quiet Mark approvals for silent kettles.
Water level indicators
Most water kettles have intelligent designs that clearly indicate water levels. But some of them have water levels hiding behind the handles, which can be challenging to spot. Look for ones with larger viewing handles if you want to watch your water levels from a distance.
Since people usually buy electric kettles to move around quickly, it’s important to note the weight. A kettle filled with water can become quite heavy to hold with a hand, and hence it shouldn’t have much influence of its own.
Check the position and grip of the handle to ensure the kettle won’t work disbalance while you pour. You can also opt for better grip kettles that have rubberized covering around. Also, check for some kind of rubberized grip or ridge at the bottom to ensure it doesn’t slip on wet kitchen tops.
The outer a boiling kettle can get boiling, especially those of stainless steel. If you buy such a kettle, you should clearly teach you, children, not to come around it.
It should also have an auto-shutoff feature in case you forget you kept water for boiling. Such a kettle automatically turns itself off when the water exceeds a specific temperature.
Another ease of convenience feature, the 360-degree base ensures you can rotate the kettle in your direction quickly. Also, check for cord storage cords underneath the bottom if you have storage issues in the kitchen.
The 360-degree base is also ideal if you’re a left handy since most appliances are built for right-handers.
People who have hard water running in their areas should opt for kettles with anti-scale filters. These removable filters extract the limescale from water and protect your drinks from it.
Your drinks thus become unadulterated. Moreover, these filters protect the limescale for depositing on the base of the electric kettle. Since these are removable, they are easier to clean too.
Keep Warm Feature
A common issue among people who drink hot beverages is that they have to reheat them now and then. You sit for a drink but got indulged in something important and now have to heat again.
The Keep Warm feature in electric kettles reheats the beverage every time it gets colder by 2° or so. It can hence keep the drink hot for around 30 minutes and save some energy too.
List of the best temperature control kettles
Bosch TWK8633GB Styline
If classy appearance is the first thing you look for in every appliance, the Bosch Styline is for you. The black gloss bottom, coupled with stainless steel contrast in the upper body, makes for a sophisticated look.
But as in Bosch’s all appliances, this one doesn’t compromise with power either. You’re getting a powerful 3000W element that can make the coldest of beverages boiling in seconds.
Among its features, our favorite is the digital temperature control, which ensures even a kid can operate it efficiently (don’t let your kid around hot beverages, though). Moreover, there is no bar for a minimum amount of beverage- you can boil as less as a cup of coffee.
The 1.5-liter capacity makes sure you can have enough tea for a family of 8. It provides optimum temperature settings for a variety of drinks, including 70/80/90/100°C settings. And you can set it all in just a touch.
You also get a removable limescale filter for high-quality drinks, even with hard water. Its warm function will keep the coffee as hot as cooked for 30 minutes.
The product is entirely safe to use with automatic shut off and switch off function whenever you pick it from the base. It has a double-sided water level indicator to keep an eye on beverages from anywhere in the room.
- Four settings temperature control from 70° to 100° to ensure the optimum temperature for each drink
- KeepWarm feature keeps your desired temperature for 30 minutes
- It has a large 1.5-liter capacity
- Stainless Steel Base with a hidden heating element
- 3000W Powerful Element
- One-Touch temperature control
- Double-Sided water level indicator
- Anti Slip Handle
- 1-Year Warranty
Features we love:
- The four temperature control settings are enough to cook a variety of drinks from herbal tea to black coffee and more
- The KeepWarm function is an excellent addition as it keeps your beverages hot without using electricity
- The safety features are top-notch from Overheat protection to the function that switches off the kettle when you pick it up from the base
- The kettle makes a sound to indicate your drink is boiled. You don’t need to worry about forgetting anymore.
- The powerful 3000W element will make the toughest of drinks in minutes
- It combats the limescale build-up by a wicked removable stainless steel filter which ensures it would last longer
Breville kettle is a thing of beauty. Your eyes just run smoothly over the premium ridged design and the gorgeous chrome details. The glossy finish ensures cleaning; it is just a wet wipe away.
But don’t go on its elegantly smooth design, it hides a 1500W powerful heating element that can boil your drinks in no time. The kettle has a sizable 1.8L capacity, which is ideal for those old fashioned tea parties.
The kettle caters to everyone’s needs with its 360° rotating base. So whether you’re right-handed or left-handed, handling the kettle is like a breeze. It also comes with a unique rear water window that indicates water level.
The blue-tinted window illuminates when the water boils and makes for an aesthetic appearance. As with all modern kettles, it also comes with a removable limescale filter on the top to ensure longevity.
Its feet are covered with a non-slip material to prevent accidental splashes on your countertops. It also has hidden cord storage to save some already crowded kitchen space.
We couldn’t help but miss the auto-shutoff feature that could have made it the best variable temperature in the market. It’s significantly cheaper than its contemporaries, which makes for valid reasoning.
Breville comes with five preset temperature controls to serve a variety of drinks. It can also hold the temperature for 20 minutes after you turn off to give you enough time to cook snacks.
- 1500W Element
- 5-preset brewing temperatures to serve a variety of beverages
- Water level indicators on both the sides
- Rotating bottom to cater both left and right-handed people
- Hold Temp features ensures water remains at the same temperature for 20 minutes
- 1-Year Warranty
Features we Love:
- Five different temperature control settings ensure you can make green, black, French and other coffees in just one kettle
- It has well-marked push-button controls for ease of access even for newbies
- The water level indicators on both sides ensure you can easily how much of the drink it holds
- The 1.8L capacity makes it useful for large families and can make 6-8 cups in a single go.
Crux Digital Touch Cordless Kettle
Old fashioned designs never go old, and this kettle from Crux is just what your granny had. But its appearance is the only mature thing. For starters, it comes with a gigantic 3-year warranty, which makes it one of the best temperature control kettles in the market.
An exciting feature of the Crux Digital Kettle is its five temperature controls, all of which are between 80-100°C. So you won’t have to wait for the water to cool down after boiling anymore. Quickly make your favorite savory drinks with it.
Crux Digital can keep your boiled water at the same temperature for up to 30 minutes. Don’t rush in making that ancient herbal tea now. It has a 3000W powerful element that can make the hottest of drinks in minutes.
Cleaning has never been easier than this as it has a removable limescale filter on top. Just put the filter off, clean it with the utensils, and get ready for unadulterated beverages. It also comes in the old-fashioned copper color for that aesthetic look in your kitchen.
The next feature is something unheard of in appliances- it has a 60-day money-back guarantee. You can claim a refund for your whole amount if, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with this product.
We couldn’t find many reasons you’d need to do that. But keep it away from children as the auto-shutoff feature is still missing here.
- 3000W Powerful element
- 360° Swivel Base for ease of access
- 1.5L Capacity for 5 cups of beverages
- The Lid has a water window to indicate water level
- Five temperature settings- 80/85/90/95/100°C
- 3-Year Warranty with a 60-Day money-back guarantee
Features we Love:
- The five different temperature control settings all come within the 80-100°C range. You can reach the most accurate of temperatures to make the coffee you always wanted to
- The touch controls on the bottom are easy to use
- The kettle keeps the eater at the same temperature for 30 minutes after the turnoff. It gives you enough time to prepare the rest of the ingredients of your drink
- The copper color exudes that aesthetic appearance and can blend in any interiors easily
- The 3-year warranty is the best in class, and the 60-day money-back guarantee makes buying it a win-win situation
Duronic Electric Kettle EK42
If you’re looking for a budget kettle that has the same features as the more expensive ones, the Duronic Kettle is for you. It is considerably cheaper than other products in the market but is in no way inferior to them.
Perhaps some of its features are better than the best temperature control kettles out there. It has four temperature control settings with a never-seen-before range of 40/60/80/100°C. If you like to drink lukewarm milk or hot water, you can now set the 40°C temperature with this kettle.
It also has a Keep Warm function that keeps your drinks warm for 30 minutes. Just press the button and go for the second drink if you’d like just the same.
The kettle is surprisingly cordless, which makes it like a breeze to use—no more tangling with wired. The 360° rotating base ensures it cares for both left-handers and right-handers.
Fortunately, we also get the auto shut off feature in this kettle, sorely missing in its more expensive counterparts. The visible transparent window helps you keep track of your stocks and quickly decide how much water to fill.
The kettle is no less in power, either. It has a 2500-3000W powerful element for quick boiling as you rush for breakfasts. There’s also a user-friendly notification beep to indicate your water has boiled.
The 1.7-liter jug is enough for 5-7 cups of boiling drinks. The element also has a ridge around the base to ensure the kettle fits snugly and doesn’t drop accidentally. As in most kettles today, you also get a limescale filter which you remove and wash with hands easily.
- 3000W Powerful element
- Variable Temperature control -40/60/80/100°C
- Keep Warm Function keeps your drinks warm up to 30 minutes
- Cordless Design for convenience and safety
- 1.7-liter capacity
- Notification beep indicator
- Water level indicator
- 1-Year Warranty
Features we Love:
- The four temperature settings vary quite a lot to ensure you can make boiling black coffee as well as lukewarm milk
- The well-marked controller buttons on top make it easy to operate while you’re working in the kitchen. You don’t have to search for the button at the bottom
- The Keep Warm function keeps your drinks at the optimum temperature by reheating every time they get cold by 2°C
- Auto shut off features ensure the device is safe to use. It’s really a steal at this price point
Cuisinart Signature Collection
Cuisinart Signature Kettle is the epitome of blending powerful features in an innovative compact design. The LCD Display under the handle and the metallic gloss can make it fit effortlessly in the most modern of interiors.
The polished chrome details can put your old toaster to shame. But it’s not just the appearance game that Cuisinart reigns over. It has the power game too, with its 3000W powerful element delivering boiling drinks in no time.
You can select from the multiple temperature controls between 85° to 100°C, which you can regulate from the LCD Display. It comes with a removable limescale filter to reduce the limescale buildup due to hard water usage.
Just like all its features, it also comes with a push-button lid. It ensures your kid doesn’t splash hot water accidentally as the hinged lid opens slowly. You can fill it from there as well as from the large spout.
It has illuminated water windows, which clearly indicate water levels even from a distance. The kettle can rotate 360° so you can use it from both left and right hands, making it ideal for the whole family.
The Cuisinart kettle is one of the more durable products out there, and its 3-Year warranty testifies that. Finally, it has ergonomic cord storage at the base to save valuable space on your worktop.
- 3000W powerful element
- Four variable temperature presets-85/90/95/100°C
- LCD Display to indicate temperature
- One-touch button to open the lid
- Removable limescale filter
- 1.7-liter storage capacity for 6-8 cups
- 360° Rotating Base
- 3-Year Warranty
Features we Love:
- The stainless steel chrome finish on the outer coupled with the LCD makes it one of the classiest kettles out there
- The 3000W powerful element would help you make quick drinks for when you’re getting late for the office
- It comes with a vast 3-Year warranty which is a testification to the product’s durability
- The one-touch opening lid button makes it safer and easier to use the kettle even for minors
- It has illuminated water windows that can show you how much coffee you have in stock sitting far away in your couch
You now know all about the best temperature control kettles available in the market right now. The good part is that all of these are available on Amazon for secure purchasing and returns too.
Consider the size of your family and your requirements before buying the ideal kettle for yourself. Read all the guidelines carefully and choose wisely.